Big thanks to LeeanasCreativeBox for nominating me for this one! Definitely go check her out. So, let’s get to this!
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
Copy the rules into your post.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I have read Island of the Blue Dolphins about six times, but I don’t actually remember any of it.1
- I didn’t start really reading until one summer when I picked the biggest book I could find2 in the hopes it would take a long time to read it and then mom told me I only had a week.
- I didn’t start writing a lot until high school, when I got positive feedback on a short backstory I wrote for my character in a friend’s comic she was making.
- I made nine things for my Christmas tins this year.
- I am a marathoner when it comes to shows. I said I would watch Supernatural and I think I finished 7 seasons in two weeks.
- I have read the books for Game of Thrones and have not seen the series.
- I don’t have either cable or Netflix at the moment.
- I don’t actually live in Vancouver. It’s just the default location I give because no one outside of the Lower Mainland knows where my city is.
- I seriously considered moving to Ontario and starting over not long ago. Unfortunately, I blew all the money I would have used doing it on a trip out to Toronto and found out how damn expensive it is to get across the country.
- I have plans for a trip that would take me about a month and a half to complete and about $7,000. I don’t know if I’ll ever take it.3
- When I was younger, I wrote a lot of fanfiction. It is still available online because I can’t access the account.4
- What was your favourite toy when you were young?
I had two stuffed animals that I loved. A pink teddy bear and a green bunny rabbit named Pink Bear and Bunny.
- Which band or musician would you recommend to the world?
2NE1. I’m still on a KPop kick and I love these women.
- What is your all-time favourite TV series?
Whose Line is it Anyway? I have a deep love of that show and it is great to get me out of a funk.
- If you could ban one thing in this world, what would that be?
The question “What are you?” and all derivatives of it in the context of trying to figure out what race or ethnicity someone is, because I really hate it.
- You have to stay on an island Survivor-style for a whole month. You’re only allowed to take five things with you. What five things (not people) would you take.
Tough. I think I’ll go with laptop,5 solar powered charger, a tent, a knife, and potatoes. I think I can figure out how to cook a potato on a deserted island.6
- Do you think there are aliens ‘out there’?
Statistically speaking, probably. I don’t think they’re super interested in contacting humans, though, in the same way we’re not using a lot of resources to contact them.
- Which book do you read when you’re in a ‘there’s nothing to read’ mood?
I usually try to read Sophie’s world again. One day, I will finish that book.
- Why did you start blogging?
Originally, to post my stories up online. At least, that was the reason for my first site.
- Which of your posts are you most proud of?
I don’t know if it’s on here, but I wrote a post about how writing your first draft is like running away from zombies. Always liked that one.
- Do people get your sense of humour?
Not always. My references tend to be a little obscure, and not in the cool way.
- If you found Aladdin’s Lamp, what wish would you make?
The final wish is always free the genie. The first would probably be for something lame like financial stability for the rest of my life. The second would be for my own magic powers.
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
- What is your second favourite song?
- What book have you reread the most times and why?
- What’s your zombie apocalypse plan?
- What’s your go to snack food?
- What’s your favourite fiction genre?
- Ebooks or print books?
- Do you listen to any podcasts? Which ones?
- Do you read any comics and which ones? Any recommendations?
- How addicted are you to your phone?
- You wake up one day with the ability to raise the dead. What do you do with this power?
MY 11 NOMINEES:
I don’t know that many people out in the blogging world just yet, so here’s a shot at 11.7
- Aditi Pallod
- Busy Bri Covered in Pink
- Rantings Of A Third Kind
- Yellow Wolf Enlightenment
- MORGAN JT BLOG
- A Cooking Pot and Endless Tales
- Bun Karyudo’s Scribblings
- I was in elementary school, so the memory is a little hazy. [↩]
- The Sword of Shannara [↩]
- I don’t think there’s a job out there that will let me take that much time off [↩]
- And I don’t use that email account anymore. It doesn’t exist. No, I’m not telling you where those fics are. [↩]
- With a whole lot of books about surviving on an island and some writing projects to work on pre-loaded onto it [↩]
- If all else fails, I will overheat the laptop and boil the thing. [↩]
- And who I think are also under 200. I’m not sure where to find that number. [↩]